It's that time of year again. Time to gather together the region's bloggers to drink and discuss a myriad of topics...like who's buying the next round. This will be my second Blogger Bash (you can read about my first here) and because I like lists, here are the top five reasons that I'm excited about going:
- I actually know people this time. While they may not acknowledge me outside of a dark bar, it warms my heart to know that I'll be able to call them out by name this time when they don't buy me a drink.
- I get to stay later. Last Bash, I had an important appointment the next morning and wasn't able to spend time talking with everyone that I wanted to. I also wasn't able to drink as much as I would've liked in order to talk to everyone that I wanted to.
- My boyfriend will be accompanying me. He didn't go last time because he didn't have a blog (and he was out of town). But since the last Bloggers Bash, he has started blogging, if very infrequently. I secretly think that he started his blog just so that he could go to this esteemed event with me and make sure that none of the other bloggers were wooing me.
- The opportunity to meet new bloggers! I was supposed to have a rowdy discussion with Left Off Colfax but because of my early departure time, I missed the chance. I'm also interested in hearing what Julio Enriquez has to say about the Denver music scene.
- I've never been to the Celtic Tavern before, but it has dark wood, cigars, Celtic inspiration and single malt...which means that I'll be in heaven.
If you're a blogger in the area, you should come join us. To RSVP, send a note to Zombyboy, who would love to add you to the list of distinguished guests. In addition, the Bash is occurring on a very special date: 7-07-07. What cooler event could possibly be going on? (I mean, besides this, this, or this.) I'll be evangelizing Lijit, handing out our cute t-shirts, accepting free shots, and bullshitting with the best bloggers this side of the Missisip. And of course, I'll have my camera ready to capture all the inevitable blogger-on-blogger action...which sounds slightly pornographic and should provide the necessary incentive to show up!