This weekend, I'll be taking part in a large gathering of marketing bloggers in NYC. The event is called Blogger Social and I'm extremely excited to be participating. Not only am I going to be surrounded by the best minds in marketing, but I'll be able to engage them in conversation, ask questions and have many opportunities to learn.
I was tagged last week by Mark Goren, of Transmission Marketing, to tell the other attendees a little bit about myself. Since I've never been tagged before (and I'm probably the least-known of the group), I decided to take part in the 4x4 challenge. Thanks for thinking of me Mark and I hope this helps as a get-to-know-Tara primer.
4 jobs I've had:
- Starbuck's barista...This seems to be the new coming-of-age job. Once you've made coffee for other people, you'll either become a coffee snob (never leaving your house for a latte) or extremely empathetic towards those currently working as baristas (meaning that you are a big tipper and don't order the ridiculous drinks). I'm most definitely the latter.
- 7th grade Language Arts teacher...You have to be a little crazy to teach middle school.
- Tech support...I worked in a corporate call center, helping customers with web and phone conferencing issues. Most of the time it was a pop-up blocker or a fat-finger problem. Realized the importance of humor when dealing with angry customers.
- Pub manager...After this job, I learned that working with beer everyday isn't all it's cracked up to be. Realized the importance of humor when dealing with drunk customers.
4 places I've been that I absolutely loved:
- Barcelona, Spain...It was my first solo backpacking trip and at the age of 21, one of the best things I could have done for myself.
- John Muir Trail...Nothing like a 211-mile hike through the Sierra Nevada mountains, ending with a sunrise ascent of Mt. Whitney. (So this really constitutes many places, but I couldn't just pick one part of the trail!)
- Grand Gulch, Utah...My first time backpacking through canyons with primitive ruins. Amazing geology, history and energy.
- My bed...Seriously. Absolutely love it there.
4 music artists that I'm listening to now:
- Stars...This band was recommended by a Canadian friend and I can't wait to see them perform in Boulder at the end of April.
- LCD Soundsystem...These guys help me with my long-distance runs. I saw them open for Arcade Fire at Red Rocks last summer and it was one of the best live shows I've ever seen.
- Spoon...I haven't stopped listening since finding this band two years ago.
- These United States...A very recent discovery from a good friend who is promoting the band and got me on a few lists to see them perform at SXSW.
4 of my favorite foods:
- broccoli...doesn't matter how it's prepared or with what
- almonds...same deal as above
- blueberries...as often as possible
- dark chocolate...once again, the specifics aren't important
So there you have it. Not anything extremely deep or insightful but enough material to start a conversation, if you happen to find yourself in such a situation. I'm only tagging those people that I think will not respond because it will be that much funnier if they do...Leslie, Derek, Daniel and Walter, please feel free to prove me wrong and tell us a little more about yourselves.
(Also, just to be clear, you can pick any four topics that you like.)